With so many different types of healthcare products and restrictions out there, it can be difficult finding the right one for you. However, this process is not impossible to do well with a little research. There are a few items to look for when deciding on the best healthcare product you can get for yourself. And by considering them all, you can make a good decision for yourself and your family about health insurance.
The most important thing to look for in choosing a good healthcare is by answering the following questions with a yes:
- Does it have both short-term and long-term healthcare coverage? Yes.
- Does it have guaranteed nenewal? Yes.
- Does it have guaranteed savings and investments? Yes.
- Does it have life insurance or Protection? Yes.
As you can see, the four (4) cornerstone of Healthcare are:
- Short-term Healthcare
- Long-term Healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Savings and investment.
I am a member of IMG and it so happens that one of our flagship products is the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder. This is actually a long-term healthcare product where you’ll find it to have the four (4) cornerstone of a good healthcare. The Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder is actually a 3-in-1 product that answers your three (3) major financial needs, namely: for long-term healthcare, life protection/life insurance, and investments. So if you ask me if this is a good product to have, I’d say yes it is. Admittedly though, personal finance is personal. This simply means that as individuals, we do have our differences. Which is why our financial situations, available resources, and goals in life will ultimately dictate which products would be best for us. With this, let me help you decide if the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder is the right one for you.
At IMG, we consider the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder as our level 1 investment. And why do we think this should be the first investment? The rationale behind this is simple. You buy it when you are young and healthy and able to pay because it is something you know you will use when you are old, or sickly or no longer able to pay. So if you want to build your basic financial foundation the right way, this is the first step you need to do. Building a solid financial foundation is like building a house. You build it from the ground up. This is why you should consider healthcare as a priority. Even if you have a few hundred pesos a month but don’t have a healthcare or a life insurance, it will not take you far. When you get sick, disabled or die suddenly, your savings won’t last very long. Having a strong foundation will result to you having sturdier finances that can withstand any money related storms and earthquakes. Following the building blocks will help build and secure your financial future. So really, getting a long-term healthcare and a life insurance are the best investments you can have.
Who can avail of the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder?
The Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder is available for those aged 10 years old to 60 years old. If you’re 10 years old to 40 years old, you can already avail of this for the minimum amount of saving just P88.00/day. If you’re 41 years old to 50 years old, you only have to save a minimum of P118.00/day. And if you’re 51 years old to 60 years old, all you need to get started is save a minimum of P147.00/day. As you can see, the earlier you start, the better since you’ll be paying a lot less when you’re younger and a little more if your older. You’ll also get a lot more from your investment when you start investing a lot earlier since your money will have more time to work for you. But no matter if you start at 10 years old or at 60 years old, all you need to do is save for only seven (7) years. After which, you just wait another thirteen years for your money to grow and work for you so that at the end of twenty (20) years or at its maturity, you’d be able to enjoy all the health benefits and still have cash you can use for your retirement fund or as pension fund. You can even use your cash benefit as a college educational fund for your kid. Or you may have it as your travel fund or emergency fund depending on your financial goals.
So how does the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder Work?
When you get the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder, you’re actually getting three (3) products in one. Why? Because you’re not just having a short-term and a long-term healthcare here. You’re also getting a life insurance or life protection. On top of that, you get to have a savings and investment fund which you can use as your retirement fund in your golden years if you so desires.
In availing the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder, it’s important that you understand the 3 phases or periods that you’ll go through, namely: the the accumulation period, the extended period and the start of Long-term period.
ACCUMULATION PERIOD (Year 1 to Year 7)
It is in the accumulation period that you will need to pay for your Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder plan for seven (7) years. The modes of payment that you can choose from is monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually, or even spot-cash. This is simply called the accumulation Period because it is during this time the you will be paying for your policy. After seven (7) years, you will no longer need to pay for anything.
Now even if you’re still in the Accumulation Period, you’ll be able to enjoy the following benefits already:
- FREE Annual Physical Exam (APE)
- FREE Dental benefits
- Waiver of installment upon death or disability
- Basic Medical benefits (similar to having an HMO health insurance)
- Member’s choice of room and board (depends on the plan)
- Annual Benefit Limit (at least P50,000 per year, depends on the plan)
- Term Life Insurance (amount benefit depends on the plan)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Lifetime network access to over 500 hospitals and 1,000 doctors (as long as you have funds)
EXTENDED PERIOD (Year 8 to Year 20)
Once you’re finished paying for your Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder, starting from Year 8 up to Year 20, all you have to do is just wait for your plan’s maturity or for this Extended Period to end. At this time, since you’ve already completed your payment for this healthcare plan, all you need to do is sit back and enjoy all the benefits you have during the Accumulation period except of course for the waiver of installment.
The main difference between this period and the previous one is that the costs of your healthcare will now be deducted from your annual health benefits, the amount of which depends on your plan.
However, at the end of each year, whatever amount that is left unused in your healthcare fund will now earn interest and accumulate. That’s because your fund is actually invested, and this is when Kaiser becomes an investment fund. Your Kaiser fund can earn a return of 10% per year. It can be lower or higher, depending on how the market is doing.
START OF LONG-TERM CARE PERIOD (Year 21 onwards)
After 20 years or at the end of the Extended Period (Year 20), your plan reaches maturity and you will now be able to receive the following benefits:
- Total amount of accumulated unused health benefits
- Long-term care benefit or the plan coverage that you got
- Long-term care bonus, which can be up to 85% of premium contributed, if you did not have a confinement claim during the first 7 years
- Additional health benefits if the market is at top performance
Do note that all these benefits upon maturity are good as cash. With this, you as the plan holder has the option now to either withdraw all the money or just take half of it so that you can let the balance earn more inside the fund and receive it on installment similar to a pension-type of allowance.
As an example, let’s say you got the K-100 plan (P100,000 long-term care benefit). You will need to pay here P58,821.43 per year for seven years or for a total contract price of P411,750. Assuming you made no claims up to Year 20 and you opted to withdraw all the money on it’s maturity, then all the cash benefits you’ll receive could total up to P1,166,169.
What’s Unique about the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder?
The Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder is a complete protection you can get for yourself and your family. There are three (3) reasons you invest your money in financial vehicles:
- To protect your health and ensure you have provisions for unexpected medical expensess so that you continue to be productive and in income-earning condition. The Ultinate Kaiser Health Builder is a health fund you can use when you get sick. In the first 7 years it is a hospital plan with free annual physical exam and free dental benefits. In the next 13 years, it is a healthcare fund for hospitalization and outpatient care. Unlike plain insurance, which is normally a provision for you to leave money to your beneficiaries when you pass away, the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder is something you can use for yourself, when you get sick or in your old age. Indeed, it is your long-term healthcare that gives you coverage way beyond the age of 60 when most health insurance companies will no longer accept you. So long as you haven’t fully withdrawn all your cash benefit and you still have funds invested in your Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder, you’ll have a lifetime network access to over 500 hospitals and 1000 doctors even if you’re 100 years old or more. It’s also essential to note that if you are a member of PhilHealth, your PhilHealth membership benefits are integrated with your Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder benefits. So if ever you’re hospitalized, both your Philhealth and Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder will cumulatively cover your hospital bills. How comfortable your health care situation will be after you turn age 60 depends on the decision you make today of getting your long-term healthcare plan.
2. To protect your family with life insurance if the Lord takes you home early. For 20 years, the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder is a life insurance protection. When you are younger, you are still at the early stages of building your wealth. So normally, you don’t have much money here but the level of responsibility is quite high as this is the time you start also having a family. But as time passes, you’ll be able to start saving and investing which increases your wealth. Hopefully, when you get older, you’ll have enough savings and investments so that you will still be earning even when you need to stop working. The question is, what if you die too soon? As can be seen here, the need for insurance protection in the early stages of building a family is quite high. So should anything happen to you or if you die too soon, having the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder will help your family be protected. Since it is a life insurance protection, it can help you replace your income, help finance your children’s education, pay estate tax, pay debts, etc. instantly.
3. To protect your future with a health fund that grows ( and never shrinks in value except through withdrawal or use of benefits) in value. Unlike traditional healthcare (short-term health insurance provided by HMOs), which you pay and no premium is returned to you if not used, the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder provides you the opportunity to grow your money as a reward for your being healthy and staying strong. If you remain healthy and strong, the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder becomes your savings and investment fund that you can use as your retirement fund when the time comes that you stop working. Starting on the 8th year, its fund value grows at 10% more or less every year depending on the market situation. Upon maturity after 20 years, it becomes fully withdrawable which you can use as your emergency fund, as a standby medical fund, or as your retirement or pension fund.
Unlike plain insurance, it’s good to note also that the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder is transferable, has zero charges and is guaranteed not to decrease in value (except through it’s use) after the seven (7) year accumulation period.
By now, you may be wondering if the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder is the right healthcare for you. So here are some questions you might want to ask yourself to help you decide.
- Do I want to build a strong financial foundation and secure my future?
- Do I have a significant asset that I want to preserve for may family?
- Do I want to remain independent in my old age?
- Do I want to spare my family the financial struggles and hardships in coping for the high cost of hospitalization in my old age?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then I highly recommend that you seriously think about making the right decision as it will have a great impact on how comfortable your financial future will be. You may find that comparing policies can prove to be difficult because every company is selling a different combination of benefits and coverage. Just remember that what you finally get passes the final test of a good healthcare and that the company is reputable. There are many individuals who thrive on the fact that not many people will make an informed decision when it comes to purchasing long-term health insurance. So be sure to read the fine print and find out everything you can about the policy before committing to a company and a long-term healthcare and insurance plan.
Should you still have a lot of questions about the Ultimate Kaiser Health Builder plan or you are now ready to get started, click here: https://bit.ly/ltckaiser
Here’s to your good health, great wealth and wonderful future.